CPA Innovation Awards
The Composite Panel Association (CPA) launched a new awards program in 2023 to recognize significant and creative advances in technology, product development and service solutions in the industry. This is a supplemental awards program beyond the current recognition of plant safety at panel manufacturing facilities allowing expanded participation to Associate Member companies. The awards program, which is open to all CPA members, was developed and will be managed by CPA’s Decorative Surfaces Council (DSC).
Submissions should be a significant innovation of a product, service, project or process that contributes to the development or advancement of the composite panel and/or decorative surfaces industry.
- Must be a CPA member to be eligible
- CPA member company must be the originator of the submission content
- The submission must be operational in the North American market
- Eligible submissions must have been launched after January 2020
A submission may only be submitted in one category. One recipient per award category.
- Component Manufacturer / Fabricator / Finished Product Manufacturer
- Composite Panel Manufacturer (includes value-add products by manufacturer)
- Decorative Surfaces Manufacturer or Supplier (e.g. paper, overlays, coatings)
- Environmental Impact (All company types are eligible)
- Equipment Manufacturer / Raw Material Supplier (e.g. machinery, resins, adhesives, environmental controls, etc)
- Branding and marketing / sales campaigns (such as website design, logos and marketing materials)
- Décor design unless it leads to innovation, such as a new type of texture, etc.
- Significant reduction of emissions in a manufacturing facility
- First to develop EIR texture for 3D laminate stone design
- Creation of a topcoat that has a higher scratch and stain resistance than what’s offered on the market
- Development of a lighter-weight panel that maintains structural integrity
- Development of a panel that is structurally stronger to extend the life span of finished products
The Decorative Surfaces Council will appoint an Awards Selection Committee. The Awards Selection Committee will submit nominations to the CPA Board of Directors for final selection. Award winners will be acknowledged during the 2023 CPA Fall Meeting and promoted in CPA’s social media and @the edge newsletter. Non-winning submissions may be selected to be featured in an @the edge article.
July 1, 2023: Launch Application Process
DEADLINE EXTENDED to September 1: Deadline for Application Submissions
October 23, 2023: Winner(s) Announced at the 2023 Fall Meeting