Hotel Construction Pipeline Down in Q4 2021

The latest U.S. Hotel Construction Pipeline Trend Report by Lodging Econometrics reported that fourth quarter 2021 hotel projects totaled 4,814, down 8% compared to the same period in 2020. Total hotel rooms fell 10% from Q4 2020 to 581,953.  The declines were related to lingering COVID-19 pandemic project delays, increased inflation and supply chain shortages.  Projects in the early planning stages totaled 2,021 with 239,816 rooms planned, an 18% and 11% increase over Q4 2020 respectively.

In 2022, the forecast includes 783 projects representing 90,074 room with an overall growth of 1.6% over 2021.  See Lodging Econometrics

Scroll to Top